Friday, June 27, 2008

Anna Isabel

I have been swimming in the sea of new motherhood and am finally surfacing just enough to write this post and share the news that my daughter, Anna Isabel, was born on May 11 (Mother’s Day). Time has had a whole new rhythm since she has arrived – it has become so fluid it pours through my fingers most days. I look at the date of my last blog post and am stunned that it has taken two months to write again here. Those days have been filled with nursing, rocking, walking, sleepless nights, and napping days as well as a whole new understanding of my body as the source for another being’s life. I know later, when I can find sustained time in the studio, this new awareness will fertilize new artwork. For now, I surrender to this experience one moment at a time.

5 comments:

erica lorraine scheidt said...

I can't wait to see this exhibit.

Great blog...

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Anna Isabel! I am so glad she is finally here! What a lucky little girl to be born into a home of such love and creativity! And I know Trinity is being a great big sister, but probably is impatient for baby to get a little bigger so she can throw the ball!

Big hug from Tristy!

Mary said...

"Surrendering, one moment at a time.." How fortunate for you, John, and especially your beautiful little daughter! What a great way to take your first steps on the parenting path..Love and best wishes!

Anonymous said...

wow, i know this is a bit random
but anna isabel is my name ! (=

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.