Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Open Studio

Today I finished all of the invitations to my annual Holiday Open Studio. This is one of those tasks that always takes so much more time than I think it will. This mailing doubles as my holiday greeting, and I really like to personalize the cards with a handwritten note wishing everyone a fabulous holiday season. My list has grown over many years, and it is fun for me to see the names of people from all parts of my life and honor my connection with them by writing a little note with my thin red sharpee pen. With close to 1000 people on my list, that takes some time. This year I finally heeded the advice of a good friend who has urged me to hire some help in the studio, and so the fabulous Tristy Taylor (who works with me at artheals.org) came and helped me label and stamp. Working with her made the task so much more fun and efficient - such an affirmation of the importance of asking for the help you need and working in collaboration.

If you are in the area, please stop by for a glass wine and a taste of chocolate and see the latest work in my San Francisco studio.

Holiday Open Studio
Reception: Thursday, December 11 from 5-8pm
Studio Hours: Friday-Sunday, December 12-14 from noon-5pm

3069 Washington Street, San Francisco, CA 94115
, 415-939-5842

(The image on the postcard in the photo above is Evocation #016.)

2 comments:

zoe krylova said...

Your blog is really lovely. I enjoy the sensitive insights into balancing motherhood with a career in art. It seems like you are doing an amazing job! I really love your photographs, and in particular I appreciate the way you incorporate collage. I am a friend of Britt's and met you once or twice when I lived in the Bay Area. I've placed a link to your blog from mine, hope that's ok! http://www.valeofeveningfog.blogspot.com

Warmly,
Zoe

Anonymous said...

I had a great time Danny! It was great fun to sit in your beautiful studio, full of your amazing, inspiring art and help you send out even more wonderful images into the world.

I like that it was a group effort, with baby and puppy dog helping too! Or at least, keeping us really entertained!

Tristy