Friday, April 9, 2010

Open Studio & Garden Sale on April 17

I am so excited to be hosting an Open Studio at my Muir Beach studio on April 17 from 10am-4pm. This is where most of my creative work gets made. It will be a nice chance to share with visitors my creative process as well as a selection of finished work.

Not only will my doors be open on
Saturday, April 17, but just two doors away, my neighbor and extraordinary gardener, Wendy Johnson, will also be having an Open Garden and Plant Sale featuring organic plants, starts, and seeds as well as tea and treats. Wendy (pictured below) is one of the wisest gardeners I know - she used to manage the gardens at the Green Gulch Zen Center and is the author of Gardening at the Dragon's Gate. You could listen to a podcast interview I did with Wendy for the Arts & Healing Network by clicking here, or download it into iTunes by clicking here.

My home studio has always been my inner sanctum - my ultimate place of refuge, renewal, and creativity. For many years, I have felt the need to keep it private and quiet here, but lately, I have been dreaming of doing more events here, and so when Wendy invited me to share my art on the day she is sharing her garden, I leapt at the chance. If you are in the Bay Area, I would be delighted to have you come by and say hello, enjoy fine art, new plants, and tea and treats. Children are most welcome - my daughter Anna will be here most of the day. Click here for
directions, and please email me with any questions.

3 comments:

frankenhut said...

I can't think of a better place to be surrounded by great Art, Tea and a beautiful Garden. And a very short walk to the beach. I wish I could be there. I will be in spirit!

Indu Kline said...

I was just about to sign up for a Saturday food and health conference - - - but this sounds SO appealing, your art, Sandra's book, and a chance to connect with Wendy Johnson - by the water! Thanks for spreading the word, and we will try to be there.

Mary Daniel Hobson said...

Lisa - I so wish you could be here too. Thanks for the well wishes.

Indu - so looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!