Saturday, January 6, 2007

On My Wall...




















My studio walls hold two large bulletin boards. I decorate these with snippets of projects in progress, images and words that inspire me, and other items of fascination. Some of the things collected there are...


Milagros and a rusty old keyhole purchased at a flea market in Merida, Mexico


A reproduction of
Anselm Kiefer’s sculpture of a book with wings

A photograph of my husband with our lab, Trinity, at 8 weeks old

Tear-outs from the Pottery Barn catalogue of interesting frames


A show announcement for
Jules Greenberg’s Fallen exhibition

The Peace Prayer of St. Francis


A packet of cards with bright red words printed on them - words like magic, devotion, grace, miracles, etc. – purchased at the
Paper Source

A list of how to move forward with a current project, shooting still lives of collages created inside bottles


A photograph of me at around age 6, working in my father’s art studio

A picture torn from the
New York Times Book Review of surrealists Lee Miller and Tanya Ramm reading the paper in bed in 1929 in Paris

A package of gold leaf

Quotes by artists like Agnes DeMille, Jane Hirshfield, Robert Bly, ee cummings, and these words by
Mary Oliver:
Let me keep my mind on what matters,
which is my work,
which is mostly standing still
and learning to be astonished.


No comments: