Thursday, August 30, 2007

I've Been Memed!

Britt Bravo has memed me from her blog Have Fun Do Good. I am new to memes – from what I can tell a meme is kind of like a game of tag and once you get hit, you follow the rules and keep spreading the game. So here it goes…

First the Rules:
  1. Post these rules before you give your facts
  2. List 8 random facts about yourself
  3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
  4. Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they've been tagged

Then the Facts:
  1. My nickname, and what most people call me, is Danny.
  2. One of my favorite afternoon snacks is a cup of ginger tea and a piece of dark chocolate.
  3. In college, I thought I might major in photography, but got to Vassar and learned that there were no photography classes to take. Oops. Then I wanted to major in English, but English classes were so popular and I got a terrible draw number, so I wound up instead filling the last seat of Art History 101. It was such an interesting class (each section was taught by the professor who specialized in that area) that I became an art history major. From there, I began researching the history of photography, and it is that study that has really deepened my vision as an artist.
  4. After getting married on September 22, 2001, my husband and I took six months off to travel. Most of that time was spent exploring Mexico in an old Ford Aerostar van replete with a two-person kayak and fishing and camping gear. Our favorite spot was a sleepy fishing village called Xcalak (pictured here), just north of the border with Belize.
  5. I have one brother, four years younger and a whole foot taller than me. His arm appears in my collage, "Paz en el Mundo.
  6. My first "real" camera (aka 35 mm) was a Nikon FE gifted to me by my parents when I finished 8th grade. I still have it.
  7. Growing up, I always wanted a dog. Initially my parents gave me a parakeet, which I named Lassie, who became the subject of some of my earliest photographs. Eventually, we got a cocker spaniel.
  8. The only sport I follow is baseball. A San Francisco Giants fan, I was there when Bonds hit 756!
I’m tagging the following blogs…
  1. Create with Spirit
  2. Ebb and Flow
  3. Lauren Usher
  4. Michelle Bates Photography
  5. Photographing Children
  6. Superhero Journal
  7. Works in Progress
  8. Xola

No comments: